Dayara Bugyal in Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand is one of the best ski slopes in India which attracts tourists and trekkers with its magnificent range, heavenly beauty and multiple trekking routes. Skiing in grand ski slopes like Dayara Bugyal is one time dream of any skier or nature lover adventurer which later turns into habit once tried on the slope of Dayara Bugyal.
Spread over 28 square kilometers, Dayara Bugyal sits majestically 3,007 meters above sea level in Uttarakashi district of Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand. Dayara Bugyal is the best skiing ranges of Uttarakhand state attracting hundreds of skiers to its mighty slope and pleasing them highly. The green meadow Dayara Bugyal is the unbeatable beauty of nature offering the largest ski slopes in Himalayas.
Dayara Bugyal provides moderate to difficult ski grade ski slope and skier can either bring their own ski gear and equipment or hire at the spot. For beginners, training courses are also available if they want to learn skiing. If you have been to Auli, Bdeni Bugyal, Chiplakot, Kedar Kantha, Kush Kalyani, Mundali, Natya, Munsiyari or Panwali for skiing, you are highly recommended to try the slopes of Dayara Bugyal.
Trekking route to Dayara Bugyal is wonderful with fulfilling beauty. Specialty of Dayara Bugyal is it offers easy to tough trekking routes. Trekkers of any level starting from learners to professionals can easily come to enjoy the pristine beauty and ski in the vast Dayara Bugyal ski slope. The professional trekking enthusiasts to Dayara Bugyal mostly choose longer and harder trekking routes while the learners choose shorter and easier routes. On the way, you will be overwhelmed by 360? view of picturesque Himalayan ranges like Bandarpunch, Kalanag, Srikanth, Jaonli. Another major specialty of Dayra Bugyal is that it offers ever changing landscape on the route. Different views of landscape and enchantment they create can’t be explained in words.
If you are trekking in summer month, you may encounter the Gujjar and Bakarwal who live nomadic life grazing their flocks but during winter when the alpine meadow is filled with white snow, you will find skiers and adventurers with energy and victorious smile on the way.
Dayara Bugyal Skiing | Best Time to Visit
You must visit Dayara Bugyal during winter if you want to ski but if your purpose is only to trek, you can go anytime of the year escaping monsoon months. The trekking route gets slipper during monsoon making your trek tougher.
Dayara Bugyal Skiing | How to Reach?
Trip begins from Dehradun or Haridwar passing through Rishikesh – Chamba in Tehri Garhwal district- Patara in Uttarkashi district and come up to Uttarkashi the district headquarter. 30.4Km further away on Uttarkashi-Gangotri road, you will reach Bhatwari or you can further drive 400 meters on the same road and reach Raithali. Now the trek begins. From Bhatwari you will trek to Barsu 10.5Km, walk 4Km to Bharnala Tal and further 5Km to Dayara Bugyal. This is a longer route. From Raithal you will trek 7Km to Dayara Bugyal, this is a shorter route.
- By Air: Jolly Grant airport Dehradun is 210Km from Bhatwari. You can find taxi, cab and even buses from Dehradun district to Bhatwari.
- By Rail: Rishikesh railway station is the nearest railhead 197Km from Bhatwari. You can find taxi, cab and even buses from Dehradun district to Bhatwari.
- By Road: Uttarkashi has well connected roads to other parts of Uttarakhand state. Regular bus service from Dehradun, Haridwar, Rishikesh and other parts of the state make it easier for you to reach Bhatwari in Uttarkashi.
- More Places to See: Gangotri glacier | Gangotri temple | Yamunotri temple | Gangotri National Park
Route to Dayara Bugyal
- Dehradun – Rishikesh – Chamba (Tehri Garhwal) – Patara (Uttarkashi) – Bhatwari – Barsu – Bharnala Tal – Dayara Bugyal
- Dehradun – Rishikesh – Chamba (Tehri Garhwal) – Patara (Uttarkashi) – Raithali – Dayara Bugyal
Dayara Bugyal | Places nearby
Yamunotri | Gangotri | Gangotri National Park | Gangotri Glacier | Uttarkashi