Har ki Dun Trek
Har Ki Dun trek is a popular trekking destination in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, India in Uttarkashi District. It's known for its scenic beauty, lush green forests, and meadows, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
The trek starts from Sankri village and takes you through the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, where you can spot a variety of flora and fauna. The trail passes through small hamlets, dense forests, and beautiful meadows, offering panoramic views of the Himalayas.
The trek to Har Ki Dun is moderate in difficulty and can be completed in around 6-7 days. The trek is around 47 km long and takes you to an altitude of 11,675 feet. The trail is well-marked and can be done without the help of a guide, but it's always advisable to hire a local guide to ensure your safety.
The best time to visit Har Ki Dun is during the summer months from April to June and the post-monsoon season from September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the temperature ranges from 10°C to 25°C, making it ideal for trekking. The monsoon season from July to August should be avoided as the region experiences heavy rainfall, which can make the trekking route slippery and dangerous.
Activities to do near Har ki Dun Trek | Things to do in Har ki Dun Trek
Here are some activities you can do near the Har Ki Dun trek:
- Visit the Govind National Park: The Har Ki Dun trek passes through the Govind National Park, which is home to a variety of flora and fauna. You can take a guided tour of the park and spot animals like musk deer, snow leopards, and Himalayan black bears.
- Explore the Ruinsara Valley: The Ruinsara Valley is located near the Har Ki Dun trek and is known for its scenic beauty and panoramic views of the Himalayas. You can trek to the valley and camp there overnight.
- Visit the Osla Village: The Osla Village is a small hamlet located near the Har Ki Dun trek and is known for its ancient temples and scenic beauty. You can visit the village and interact with the locals to learn about their culture and way of life.
- Trek to the Kedarkantha Peak: The Kedarkantha Peak is a popular trekking destination located near the Har Ki Dun trek. The trek offers panoramic views of the Himalayas and takes around 5-6 days to complete.
- Photography: The Har Ki Dun trek offers numerous opportunities for photography. You can capture the beautiful landscapes, snow-capped mountains, and unique flora and fauna on camera.
Famous Tourist Attractions near Kedartal Trek | Places to visit near Kedartal Trek
Har Ki Dun trek is a popular trekking destination in Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India. Here are some famous tourist attractions near the Har Ki Dun trek:
- Kedarkantha Trek: This trek is one of the most popular treks in Uttarakhand and offers stunning views of the Himalayan range. It is located near the Har Ki Dun trek and can be easily accessed.
- Yamunotri: It is a famous pilgrimage site and one of the Char Dham Yatra destinations. The temple of Goddess Yamuna is located here, and it is believed that a dip in the holy water of Yamuna River can cleanse one's sins.
- Govind Wildlife Sanctuary: It is located near the Har Ki Dun trek and is home to various species of wildlife, including the snow leopard, black bear, and musk deer. It is also a popular bird watching destination.
- Ruinsara Lake: It is a serene and picturesque lake located at the base of the Swargarohini peak. The lake is surrounded by alpine meadows and offers stunning views of the Himalayan range.
- Sankri Village: It is a charming and peaceful village located near the Har Ki Dun trek. The village offers a glimpse into the local culture and way of life of the people of Uttarakhand.
- Rupin Pass Trek: It is a challenging and scenic trek that offers stunning views of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. The trek starts from Dhaula and ends in Sangla and passes through beautiful valleys and dense forests.
- Tons Valley: It is a beautiful and remote valley located near the Har Ki Dun trek. The valley is known for its stunning landscapes and is a popular destination for adventure activities like trekking, camping, and rafting.