Dhanaulti Hill Station – Popular Weekends Destination in Uttarakhand
Dhanaulti is a picturesque hill station located in the Tehri Garhwal District of Uttarakhand State in India. It is situated at an altitude of 2,286 meters above sea level and is known for its tranquil surroundings, stunning views of the Himalayan range, and lush green forests.
The town of Dhanaulti is a popular tourist destination due to its proximity to other famous hill stations such as Mussoorie and Chamba. Dhanaulti offers visitors a chance to escape the crowds and noise of the more popular hill stations while still enjoying the natural beauty of the region.
One of the most popular attractions in Dhanaulti is the Surkanda Devi Temple, which is located atop a hill and off ers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Surkanda and is visited by pilgrims from all over India.
Another popular tourist attraction in Dhanaulti is the Eco Park, which is spread over an area of 13 hectares and is home to a variety of flora and fauna. The park is an ideal place for nature lovers and bird watchers.
For adventure enthusiasts, Dhanaulti offers a range of activities such as trekking, camping, rock climbing, and rappelling. The town is also a popular destination for winter sports such as skiing and snowboarding.
Famous Tourist Attractions near Dhanaulti | Places to visit near Dhanaulti
There are several popular tourist attractions near Dhanaulti that visitors can explore. Here are a few:
- Mussoorie: Located just 30 kilometers from Dhanaulti, Mussoorie is one of the most popular hill stations in India. It is known for its scenic beauty, colonial-era architecture, and bustling markets.
- Kanatal: Located about 16 kilometers from Dhanaulti, Kanatal is a small, serene hill station that is known for its natural beauty and adventure activities such as camping and trekking.
- Chamba: Located about 29 kilometers from Dhanaulti, Chamba is a small town that is known for its ancient temples, scenic beauty, and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Tehri Dam: Located about 50 kilometers from Dhanaulti, the Tehri Dam is the highest dam in India and is a popular destination for water sports such as boating and jet skiing.
- Kempty Falls: Located about 47 kilometers from Dhanaulti, Kempty Falls is a popular waterfall that is surrounded by lush green forests and is a popular picnic spot.
- Surkanda Devi Temple: Located about 7 kilometers from Dhanaulti, the Surkanda Devi Temple is a popular pilgrimage site and offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Dehradun City: Dehradun is the capital city of Uttarakhand, a state in northern India and located around 56 km from Dhanaulti Hill Station. It is situated in the Doon Valley, surrounded by the Himalayas to the north and the Shivalik range to the south. The city is known for its beautiful landscape, pleasant weather, and rich cultural heritage. You will love to explore the city and places to visit like Deer Park, Budha Temple, Tapkeshwar Temple, Sahastradhara falls etc.
- Rishikesh: Rishikesh is a holy city located in the foothills of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand, India and is located around 93 km from Dhanaulti Hill Station. Rishikesh is known as the "Yoga Capital of the World" and attracts spiritual seekers and adventure enthusiasts from all over the world. The city is situated on the banks of the Ganges River and is home to several ancient temples and ashrams.
Activities to do in Dhanaulti | Things to do in Dhanaulti Hill Station
Dhanaulti offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy, ranging from outdoor adventures to cultural experiences. Here are some of the top activities to do in Dhanaulti:
Trekking: Dhanaulti is surrounded by lush green forests and offers several trekking routes for adventure enthusiasts. The trek to Surkanda Devi Temple is one of the most popular treks in the region.
Camping: There are several camping sites near Dhanaulti that offer visitors a chance to spend a night under the stars in the lap of nature.
Nature Walks: Dhanaulti is home to several nature trails that offer visitors a chance to explore the surrounding forests and enjoy the scenic beauty of the region.
Adventure Sports: Dhanaulti offers several adventure sports such as rock climbing, rappelling, ziplining, and valley crossing.
Winter Sports: During the winter months, Dhanaulti transforms into a popular destination for skiing and snowboarding.
Cultural Visits: Visitors can explore the local culture by visiting the nearby villages and interacting with the locals. The Surkanda Devi Fair, held annually in May, is a popular cultural event that is attended by thousands of people.
Eco-tourism: Visitors can also explore the eco-parks and nature reserves in the region, such as the Eco Park in Dhanaulti, which is home to a variety of flora and fauna.