Munsiyari – Hill Station in Pithoragarh
At an elevation of 2298 m above the sea level, Munsiyari – The Little Kashmir is situated in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand State. Nestled amidst the snow-clad ranges of Pithoragarh, Munsiyari is a quaint hamlet that remains snowbound for most of the year.
Offering beautiful landscape bordered by high Himalayan peaks, Munsiyari is like nature's amphitheatre, where every morning and evening, you can enjoy panoramic views of the sun rising from and setting behind the jagged peaks. From here, you can get stunning Landscape views of the sun-kissed Panchachuli peaks. Munsiyari is also popular as the base for trekking expeditions to Ralam and Milam Glaciers and the Nanda Devi Peak. A part from ideal destination for nature lovers, one can explore activities like Trekking, Camping, Bird watching etc and make their experience memorable.
Munsiyari Hill Station Travel Tips
- Best time to visit Munsiyari is from March to October. During March-April, the entire Rhodenderon tree Forest turn into scarlet red as flower becomes full bloom and that gives a beautiful view of nature around.
- Make sure your vehicle have enough fuel as there are less fuel pumps around in Pithoragarh in Munsiyari way.
- Carry sufficient cash as there are couple of ATMs only, which mostly runs out of cash.
- Travelling in monsoons is always a concern due to landslides and cloudbursts. Check with local authorities about weather and road conditions before travelling to hill regions.
- As Munsiyari is a small hamlet as hotels or homestays situated there are sometimes already became full especially during peak season. If it is possible, book your accommodation in advance so not to face any staying issue.
Things to do in Munsiyari | Activities to do in Munsiyari
Trekking in Munsiyari: There are so many trekking destinations in Munsiyari and its also known for base camp for various long and short trekking destinations. Some of treks in Munsiyari are – Milam Glacier Trek, Ralam Glacier Trek, and Namik Glacier Trek etc.
Bird Watching Munsiyari: Munsiyari is surrounded by dense deodar, pine, Rhodenderon forest as is well suitable as residence for rare himalayan birds and seasonal birds as a result this place is like paradise destination for beginner and moderate bird Watchers.
Sustainable Village Tourism: Uttarakhand is full of natural beauty not only with nature and Himalayas but with authentic pahadi villages and sweet hearted pahadi people. One can explore authentic homestays, culture, tradition and way of living padadi life in this beautiful hill station of Uttarakhand - Munsiyari
Famous Tourist Attractions near Munsiyari | Places to visi near Munsiyari
There are so many famous places to visit near Munsiyari. If you are planning to visit here, you can explore many of these place and can make your Munsiyari experience memorable. Some of famous places are:
- Milam Glacier
- Narayan Ashram
- Darkot Village
- Nanda Devi Temple
- Maheshwari Temple etc.