Phulara Ridge Trek
The Phulara Ridge trek is a popular trekking destination located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India. Phulari Ridge is located at an altitude of 3710m above the sea level and the trek starts from the village of Sankri and takes you through stunning landscapes and breathtaking vistas of snow-capped peaks, dense forests, and picturesque meadows.
The trek is considered a moderate to difficult level trek, with steep ascents and descents, and requires a good level of fitness and endurance. The trek offers a chance to explore some of the most remote and unspoiled parts of Uttarakhand, with sightings of wildlife like musk deer, Himalayan black bear, and a variety of bird species. The trail takes you through dense forests of oak, rhododendron, and deodar trees, with occasional glimpses of snow-capped peaks like Swargarohini, Bandarpunch, and Kala Nag. The trek also offers stunning views of the Har Ki Dun valley, which is a popular trekking destination in Uttarakhand.
The best time to do the Phulara Ridge trek is during the summer and autumn months when the weather is clear and the skies are blue. The trek is a great option for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers seeking to explore the beauty of Uttarakhand, and offers a chance to experience the serenity and tranquility of the mountains.
Famous Tourist Attractions near Phulara Ridge Trek | Places to visit near Phulara Ridge Trek
Phulara Ridge Trek is a popular trekking destination located in Uttarakhand, India. There are several tourist attractions near the Phulara Ridge Trek that are worth visiting. Here are some of them:
- Kedarkantha Trek: This trek is one of the most popular treks in Uttarakhand and offers stunning views of the Himalayan range. It is located near the Har Ki Dun trek and can be easily accessed.
- Yamunotri: It is a famous pilgrimage site and one of the Char Dham Yatra destinations. The temple of Goddess Yamuna is located here, and it is believed that a dip in the holy water of Yamuna River can cleanse one's sins.
- Govind Wildlife Sanctuary: It is located near the Har Ki Dun trek and is home to various species of wildlife, including the snow leopard, black bear, and musk deer. It is also a popular bird watching destination.
- Ruinsara Lake: It is a serene and picturesque lake located at the base of the Swargarohini peak. The lake is surrounded by alpine meadows and offers stunning views of the Himalayan range.
- Sankri Village: It is a charming and peaceful village located near the Har Ki Dun trek. The village offers a glimpse into the local culture and way of life of the people of Uttarakhand.
- Rupin Pass Trek: It is a challenging and scenic trek that offers stunning views of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. The trek starts from Dhaula and ends in Sangla and passes through beautiful valleys and dense forests.
- Har ki Dun: Har Ki Dun is a beautiful valley located in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand, India. It is surrounded by snow-capped mountains, dense forests, and meadows of wildflowers. The valley is a popular trekking destination and is known for its stunning natural beauty and unique cultural heritage.
Activities to do in Phulara Ridge Trek | Things to do in Phulara Ridge Trek
Phulara Ridge Trek is a popular trekking destination in Uttarakhand, India. Apart from trekking, there are several other activities that one can enjoy near the Phulara Ridge Trek. Here are some of them:
Trekking: The Phulara Ridge trek is easy to moderate trek that takes you through beautiful meadows, dense forests, and stunning views of the Himalayas. You can enjoy trekking while also admiring the scenic beauty of the region.
Camping: Camping is a popular activity near the Phulara Ridge Trek. There are several campsites where you can pitch your tent and spend the night under the stars.
Wildlife Safari: The Phulara Ridge Trek is located near the Govind National Park, which is home to several species of wildlife, including the snow leopard, Himalayan black bear, and musk deer. You can go on a wildlife safari and explore the park's diverse flora and fauna.
River Rafting: The Tons River, which flows near the Phulara Ridge Trek, is an excellent spot for river rafting. You can enjoy the thrill of rafting through the rapids and experience the beauty of the surrounding landscape.
Bird Watching: The Phulara Ridge Trek is a paradise for bird watchers. The area is home to several species of birds, including the Himalayan monal, golden eagle, and Himalayan snowcock.
Village Walks: The area around the Phulara Ridge Trek is home to several small villages, where you can experience the local way of life and learn about their culture and traditions. You can go on a village walk and interact with the locals to gain a deeper understanding of their way of life.